Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Current Plan of Attack

Right. After conceeding our battle with the Italian government for the time being, this is our new approximate timeline for our year abroad:

January 18-April 15: Rome
April 15-October 1: London
October 1-December 31: Rome

These dates aren't exact, since it depends on things like when and where we find places to live, if we decide to spend a month or two in Geneva, how my plan of study gets implimented, and if we get distracted along the way. I'll be sure to keep the dates updated so you'll know exactly where we are and if you can come visit!

There are some cool things about these dates, for example:
  • Easter in Rome! I can't wait to stand in the crowd and hear the Papal Mass on Easter Sunday.
  • Pentecost in Cantebury... or really, anywhere. I am excited to celebrate this church holiday in a great big Anglican cathedral.
  • Midsummer at Stonehenge. Okay, this is sort of a joke, but England is a good place to see if the holiday still holds any of its previous pagan roots.
  • All-Saints Day back in Rome. I'll be sure to find out which church has the coolest celebration.
And of course, there's just the fact that I'll get to live and study in two very different cities. Now I get to spend some time in the crossroads of the new and old church. I'm sure it'll provide for some interesting adventures... not to mention culture shock!

Chris and I leave in just over a week, and we're getting excited! And nervous, of course. We just need to pack up our entire house in the meantime.

No comments: